Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On our way

The last couple of days in Akron were a lot of fun, though it was tough to say goodbye to the other volunteers after an intense two weeks. A few of us did get a chance to get away and go hiking through the Middle Creek Nature Preserve and see the changing fall colors. Second from the left is Toby, my roommate through orientation who is now in El Salvador doing AIDS education.



On the last day of orientation, we had a sending ceremony, which is where I snapped this one:



None of the little people here belong to the big people here. There was a nice big happy family atmosphere.

Then it was done, and I started packing. I stayed up until 2:20am, when my ride showed up to take me and another volunteer to the Philly airport. At 6:15 I flew to Miami, and a couple hours later I was on a 737 bound for Port-au-Prince.