Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Here's how you keep a room full of Haitian cops from falling asleep in the middle of your human rights training.



Here's a translation of the song:

M gen yon doulè ki nan tèt mwen, ki kembe mwen anpil,

I have a pain in my head, which is driving me so crazy,


kembe mwen anpil, fòk retire l!

driving me so crazy, I've got to get rid of it!


Then it moves down the body so the "doulè" is...

nan bra mwen: in my arm

nan vant mwen: in my stomach

devant mwen: in front of me (this is where people are giggling with their hands over their pant zippers)

nan pye mwen: in my foot

nan ren mwen: in my hips

They have another song like this, but more reminiscent of "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" where you're bending and slapping and the song gets faster and faster. We're lucky no guns went off.